According to a 2018 survey* of 1,000 Australian travellers, more than 82% of people who claimed on their insurance had issues with the process, 44% admitted current methods ‘involve too much paperwork’, 32% said ‘claims were only partially reimbursed’, or ‘they took too long to settle’ (31%).
And almost half of Aussie travellers (45%) have experienced an incident overseas, for which they could have made an insurance claim but more than half (55%) didn’t bother to follow through with actually making a claim on their return.
These are just some of the alarming statistics about travel insurance and why Aviso EIA Insurance Brokers now recommend all their customers consider getting a quote from a broker for travel insurance rather than relying on a credit card policy or quick online search.
Aviso EIA Managing Director Andrew Hinz said as we head into Christmas and holiday season, clients should contact their broker to check they have appropriate travel insurance.
Mr Hinz said a good travel insurance policy would offer the following benefits;
- Market leading coverage for peace of mind
- Real-time claims payments, without the wait
- 24/7 global customer service team
- Nil excess on all claims
- Children holidaying with their parents do so at no extra charge
- No mountains of paperwork
- Unlimited Cover for Overseas Emergency Medical and Hospital Expense
- Unlimited Cover for trip cancellation and loss of deposits
- Cover for luggage and personal effects
“We can find you travel insurance that provides exceptional coverage for peace of mind when travelling. If the unexpected happens, we will help process your claims – all while you are travelling, with no out of pocket expenses.*,” he said.